Subscribe to this at https://classroomastronomer.substack.com !
- Welcome to Issue 17!
- Sky Lessons – Venus and Mars Shift With Day, Place, and Latitude!
- Astronomical Teachniques – A Brute Force Variable Star Plotting for Beginners
- Connection With the Sky – Zooming Through the Hubble Ultra Deep Field (Cover Story)
- The RAP Sheet – Research Abstracts for Practitioners – Old Journals, New Journal (A Look at Astronomy Education Journal);
– Assessing Preservice Elementary Teachers’ Understanding of Science Practices Using Children’s Astronomy Storybooks;
– A Historical Method Approach to Teaching Kepler’s 2nd Law;
Two Articles to Help You with Introductory Statistics:
– An Observational Project for a Large Class — Determination of the Duration of the Sidereal Day. and Timing Pulsars: An Exercise in Statistical Analysis and the Scientific Process.
- The Galactic Times Inbox Magazine Issue 16 Highlights